Facebook ads can help you engage busy Christmas shoppers and achieve your business goals for the season. Learn how to find the ad formats that best suit your Christmas message.
CAROUSEL ADS: Show more in a single ad
Take advantage of more creative space by using up to ten images or videos in your ad with the carousel format. Showcase gift ideas, highlight specific details of a product or service, or send Christmas wishes.
- Use consistent creative
Use Christmas images and/or videos from the same shoot or make sure that they look similar to each other, such as with the same colour schemes.
- Link each image to a specific website page
Connect each card with a page on your website. For example, if the image features Christmas-themed headbands, it could send people to a page that showcases all the Christmas-themed headbands you sell.
- Show the bigger picture
Create one large image using all of your cards for a more immersive ad experience. Make sure that you deselect automatic optimisation when you create the ad.
SLIDESHOW ADS: Turn images into videos in a few clicks
Harness the power of video without the cost and time typically associated with video production using slideshow ads. Simply upload three to ten images, an optional music track and beautifully deliver your Christmas message on most connection speeds across all devices.
- Highlight your Christmas deals
Showcase one product or benefit per image. Select an image that clearly communicates the offer.
- Grab gift buyers’ attention
Try cropping images, reordering them, adding text, using the fade transition and changing duration.
- Write easy-to-read text
Keep the text short, occupying less than 20% of the image, place it in the same location on each image and use a colour that contrasts well with the background.
VIDEO ADS: Bring your message to life
Tell more elaborated stories with video ads. You can highlight the service you offer, feature your product in action and deliver your Christmas message.
- Capture busy shoppers’ attention
Get people interested during the first few seconds of your video by featuring your product or Christmas message early.
- Use text and graphics to help deliver your message
Make sure that everyone understands your ad by using graphics, captions or subtitles to reinforce your Christmas message.
- Appeal to mobile users
Make your video more visually engaging by using a format better suited to mobile, such as a vertical or square video.
Tips for creating good content
- Try a festive background
Add some festive spirit to your pictures.
- Add seasonal backgrounds to product imagery
- Use festive templates
- Add festive graphics or stickers to your existing pictures
- Use a festive offer
Get your customers’ attention by sharing a compelling offer.
- Last day for deliveries to be received before 25 Dec
- Buy 2, get 1 free
- Free delivery today!
- Black Friday special!
- Position your product as a gift
Encourage customers to purchase your product for someone else.
- Add visual cues or specific words, such as ‘the perfect gift for them’
- Show your ads to people more who are likely to buy your product as a gift by using specific targeting
Not sure which tip to choose? Try a split test!
Split testing lets you test different versions of your ads so you can see what works best and improve your ads. See three best practices for split testing:
- Test one thing at a time for more conclusive results.
- Choose a large audience and don’t use this audience for any other campaign that you’re running at the same time.
- Run your test for at least 3 days and no longer than 14 days.
Source: Facebook festive season hub